Healthier Banana Bread COOKIES
Well, It's only been a little over a year, not too shabby....
After searching for a recipe that I have come up with for over a half an hour yesterday and freaking out because I was afraid I would never find it, I've decided that I should probably put this blog thing to use so that I wont lose the thing again and I know for sure I will have it in the future!
So, I adapted this recipe from THESE. I 'healthified' them by replacing some of the butter with applesauce, and the eggs with bananas. Also, replaced half of the all purpose flour with Whole Wheat flour and wheat germ. I'm still making some changes each time I make them, but that's what baking and cooking is all about, right?!?!?!
Well, here we go!!!
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or Silpat baking mat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flours, wheat germ, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using mixer, beat butter, applesauce, and sugar until creamy. Add pudding mix, vanilla, and bananas; beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until combined. Mix in optional ingredients.
- Using Tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer from baking sheet to cooling rack until cooled completely.